PDA

View Full Version : USMC Test Packs

Deathmachine
05-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Just put up some Pic. of the new packs and my emr.
I also put in my bondilor configation. Check out my other albums too I posted one of my climb up Mt. Fuji. Leave some comments.

<a href="http://www.imagestation.com" target="_blank">http://www.imagestation.com (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290241151)</a>

Gunfighter
05-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Deathmachine,
Thanks for the pictures. What packs are being tested by your unit? Just the Propper/Greggory pack? How is the EMR holding up carrying the 81s? On another note it is nice to see Okinawa. Brought back some memories, some good, some bad. Which base are you at? Schwab or Hansen? Drink some Mojo for me.

Semper fi, Devil!

Gunfighter

Diz
05-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Good post. Interesting to see pics of the current rucks in the field. How did they all stack up?

rickdog
05-14-2003, 01:10 AM
I read on the USMC page
http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/lookupstoryref/200313093337
that it was narrowed to ArcTeryx and Gregory What's up with that? One is a recreational pack maker out of Canada. They are both too high profiled. Even with a MICH helmet. I liked Kifaru better than these guys. You ALREADY make everything in coyote (small detail). Are you in the running still? I hope so.

Deathmachine
05-14-2003, 02:35 AM
Starting from the top. We only have the Greggory and Propper thanks for the corrections(I was just to lazy to find out). I pefer the emr when humping the 81's because I can secure the barrel and the bipods on top. I like the greggory better than the Propper. Many good things and bad about both. The Gregory is closer to the mmr with a zipper at the bottom. It comes with sleaves for the 81's ammo, but w/o actully puting one in I don't think they are big enough. Good daypack.

The Arcteryx(the return address said Praeto Rico) Looks to complicated with to many straps hanging offThe daypack looks alright,but the water carrier is too small and the bladder breaks easy.
(camebak is god) The weild space for the helmet is useless with the 81's. The waistbelt is too long with no pals to put canteens. It has just pockets at the bottom for 81's rounds and straps to secure it.(Like the emr with ax. hostler) The docking system for the daypack is too complicated and the drinking straw is to short.

The final pack will be digital just like the cammies which all Marines must have 1 set by Oct.
Check my other post for more info.

Deathmachine
05-14-2003, 03:41 AM
Could not resist putting more pics at the same link, 1 in Oki. 6 in Korea. I love repeling face first.

Razor
05-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Nice pics. FYI, its bandoleer (or bandolier, if you choose).

Mel
05-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Deathmachine, thanks so much for keeping us updated on the USMC ruck situation, and for the pics you've put up. Please keep the reports coming.

Rickdog, sorry to say, we are not in the running. The new Marine Corps ruck will be either the Gregory or Arcteryx, to be decided by the powers that be.

Mel

Deathmachine
05-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Thanks Razor for the spell check.

We have to turn them in a week and return to the world. I will be taking more pics. and posting a side by side.

RangerBobMedic
05-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself, I am an ex-army medic living here in CO and am looking to start up a wilderness survival/first aid school. Anyone interested? BTW I am looking at the TT First Responder Bag - When I get it at the end of this month I will give you a "first blush" eval. for those interested. I am also looking at investing in the Navigator as my primary pack. With pockets it will do everything I need. I will close by saying THANK YOU ETERNALLY to all fellow vets and those still serving. FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!

Razor
05-15-2003, 07:04 AM
Howdy Ranger! There are a number of us here in the Springs; drop an e-mail sometime and we'll coordinate a link-up.

Mel
05-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the board Ranger, and good luck with your survival/first aid school.

Mel

rickdog
05-18-2003, 01:07 AM
The pack should be Coyote, not woodland MarPat.