PDA

View Full Version : Water bottle/MRE/canteen pouch

Gunfighter
05-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Mel,
I like all of the pouches that Kifaru makes but it would be nice to have something sized for a water bottle/canteen/MRE etc. I know that you talked about this on a thread months ago but I am wondering if anything has been developed. I have a Claymore pouch on order that I am going to test before I buy another one (I want to have two for my pack) and a water bottle sized pouch will be the next mission. On another note, does Kifaru sell hats or shirts (I dig the Rhino). I was planning on looking for one at the Special Forces Expo but it looks like that got canceled. Any info?

thewolverine
05-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Hello,
Like Gunfighter..I really dig the Rhino as well.
I am hoping that the future brings a dusty khaki, savanna grass tan T shirt with a Big Rhino on the back, and the Kifaru name in small letters on the left side.
On a more directed point, the pouch Gunfighter mentioned..would that hold the Nalgene bottle as well?
M

militarymoron
05-13-2003, 01:57 PM
ditto on the t-shirts. i'd also like a cap in the same colour :-)

cheers!
MM

Gunfighter
05-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Okay Patrick or Mel, I came into this looking for some pouches and it looks like we are leaning toward shirts and hats. Looks like you could sell three shirts or hats from just this one thread. I'll take a tan hat with OD green Kifaru logo. Throw it in with my Claymore pouch order. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gunfighter

Patrick
05-14-2003, 06:28 AM
To all--

Well guys, you'll be tickled to hear we are finalizing right now a Nalgene Pouch that'll perform a whole host of "other" tasks besides just toting a 1-liter Nalgene bottle. It's pretty slick. Look for the announcement soon. Perhaps I can get Mel on here to list all the military doo-dads this thing will carry...how 'bout it Mel?

And, I've given Mel and Maggie (our in-house artist) the go-ahead on hats and T-shirts. Now, if we can figure out what "dusty khaki", and "savanna grass tan" means we'll be set.

thewolverine
05-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Patrick,
Since the "right brain" took over for me in that discussion, I thought I would volunteer some additional info on different colors:
Look at the color of the lion in your photo in the shop..that dusty-brown.
Color of the grass in S. Africa..
Color of the Red dirt in Georgia (Ft Benning)and
in Kauai, Hawaii.
Since you have a lot of experience in Africa, I would suggest any of the colors of the African landscape (Selous game reserve, Serengeti, etc)...In keeping with the heritage of Kifaru.
There are actually T-Shirt Companies that dye their shirts by washing them in reddish and tan dirt (not suggesting that, but you get the idea)
Anyway, I hope that helps.
M

Mel
05-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Guys, as Patrick has stated, we are real close to showing off our new Nalgene Plus Pocket. There could be pics as early as the end of this week. I'll try to describe it the best I can without pics. First off, it is sized to fit a one liter wide mouth Nalgene bottle. It will be able to attach to your pack, vest, chest rig, or belt, as long as it has PALS webbing. The attachment system will be 2 long Malice Clips. The pocket will have 4 sides to it, not round. On one side there will be a full length vertical zipper which wraps around the top, down the side, and half way around the bottom. The bottom will have a drain hole. The other 3 sides will have PALS webbing, which will consist of 6 rows of 1" webbing. This will allow you to use Malice Clips to attach the pocket, and use the other 2 sides to mount MOLLE compatable pouches. There is no right or left to this pocket, because you can face the zipper to the front, side, or rear, which ever works best on the area you have it mounted. The 6 rows of webbing allows you 2 different heights for mounting. The vertical zip allows for one-handed operation, even back on the lower sides of the pack. The inside of the pocket is lined with padded 420d cloth, and internally on the 3 sides, there are 2 rows of 1 1/2" elastic for securing various items (field dressings, chem lights, etc.). You could lace this pocket onto the internal PALS webbing of the Marauder or Navigator and use it as a med pouch. With the vertical zipper, you can just rip it down the center and have quick and easy access to the contents. The Nalgene Plus Pocket will definately be multifunctional. I hope this isn't too confusing the way I explained it. Stay tuned.

Mel

molsen
05-14-2003, 10:33 PM
I hope you guys have a few of these pouches ready so that I can check them out on Fri, cuz I'm heading up there that morning to drop some serious coin in your direction (mot that it matters, cuz I'll probably get a few anyway!)

Mike

Mel
05-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Mike, sorry to say that there won't be any Nalgene Plus Pockets available by Friday, but you'll at least get to see one in person, along with some other new items. I'm sure you'll have a good time!

Mel

molsen
05-15-2003, 09:26 PM
That's what I meant, Mel. I just wanted to fondle the thing!!

RangerBobMedic
05-15-2003, 09:59 PM
Me likes the sound of that pouch alot, it sounds like it would complement the TT Medical pouch nicely for those extra medical essentials. I will be chiming in on the Para Poncho design after I get some Z's