PDA

View Full Version : Ruck and LBE Integration.

Diz
05-08-2003, 04:21 PM
What have you guys found that works well with your internal frame rucks? I would be interested in hearing what different ways you guys rig your gear. To get the hipbelt where it belongs, the belt kit has to finally bite it. I'm thinking along the lines of a custom chest harness, or vest, as this will carry most of your fighting gear with as little interference with the ruck suspension as possible. The only possible problem would be the sternum strap running over the top of your mag pouches. Maybe this could be rigged under (behind) the harness/ vest? A vest design could be cut so the sidelock sits right in the "vee". Anyway, would love to hear some ideas.

eggroll
05-08-2003, 07:58 PM
For me Diz

I have used the denalit with much success, along with a DACH. the waistbelt assembly runs well below the chest rig, so it facilitates unimpeded doffing of the the ruck assembly.

EGG

Deathmachine
05-09-2003, 04:46 AM
I had to read the post several times to understand what you would like to see. Right now I just abandoned the lbv with my emr and attached the bondilor to my hip with the mag and a 2 quart. Before that I moved the mags. down to the waistbelt, to keep them out of the way of the shoulder straps. I have chinched the lbv down so it does not hang below the flak.

I'm going to post some pic. to better illistrate.

thewolverine
05-09-2003, 07:23 AM
This is always been an interesting concept for me. My experiences are always the best teacher and are usually based on the guys that are older and wiser...(sometimes.the younger guys come up with stuff..I try to keep my ears open..)
Most times the environment/mission dictate..In the jungle, you could ditch a ruck, if required, and survive with stuff u might carry in your load bearing equipment. In cold weather/mountains/arctic...if you ditch your ruck..you'll probably increase the likelyhood of dying..lots of examples..
It's interesting that I received a note yesterday containing an AAR from a Marine 1SG who talked a bit about what did/did not work in Iraq.It's well thought out but it's pretty long, so if folks are interested I could email it outside the forum.
Good discussion.

Diz
05-09-2003, 09:50 AM
OK, just saw some pics of the MMR with a nice vest set up. I see there is no prob with the sternum strap, with the mags mounted lower, like the LBV carry pos. Ditto on HSGI vests, Egg. I was thinking about mags in the high chest carry. I see no prob moving them down, as long as you have a ballistic pro. Check out Bulletcatchr's post at AW. He brings up an interesting point about LBE integration with a ballistic vest. This would also impact on the design of rucks for military applications. The vest becomes essentially a huge wrap-aroung pad that you can take advantage of by reducing the padding in your LBE and ruck shoulder straps. Hmmm.

thewolverine
05-09-2003, 11:11 AM
I had to post this just to let you all know the Marine's (at least this one 1SG) opinion of the Molle LBV...
"MOLLIE LBV is crap. We put all of our gear on the flak jacket."
just food for thought in the discussion..