PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Coast Mini Rondy

TwoRavens
11-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Anybody up for a mini-rondy on the Oregon coast?

I was thinking one of the wilderness areas:
Cummins Creek, Drift Creek, or Rock Creek.

Oregon Wilderness Areas (http://www.wilderness.net/index.cfm?fuse=NWPS&sec=stateView&state=OR&map=orwest)

Probably late November or Early January.

SuperBadger
11-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I would be into that depending on when we go, November is out for me.

OR_Wildfire
11-16-2007, 09:59 PM
I would be in for January.

snakey2
11-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Are we talking a Fri., Sat., Sun. type thing? I can do either a weekday or weekend thing but my on call schedule limits which ones. If weekend type I could do Dec. 29-30 or Jan. 12-13. or the weekdays before each weekend. I know those areas pretty well and a little later we could get some decent steelhead fishing in!

OR_Wildfire
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I would definitely be in for some steelhead fishing! I can go in early December and anytime in January.

scothill
11-20-2007, 07:07 AM
I would be up for it, and I would be guessing Evan is as well considering he has the fishing bug bad. I have a boat I can bring if that would help.

snakey2
11-20-2007, 09:53 AM
I was thinking of fishing some of the very small streams near or in those areas. If you haven't fished for steelhead in small streams where the strike might be at your feet and trouble ten feet away you haven't lived!! Way to small for a boat etc. It will be a little early for them they usually get their runs in Feb or March. If people do want to fish I can pick out some areas that would have fish around the rondi time.

TwoRavens
11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
One of my friends who has expressed an interest is coming along needs crutches to get around, hence my idea of only a couple of miles in to a camp site.

Will a 5 wt rod be enough for the streams you are talking about Snakey? If the fishing we are talking about is a lot better in March maybe we could do two trips. Just camping/plinking in Jan and fishing in March.

I was hoping to make it a December thing as I did'nt want to compete with the winter rondi in WA, however, one of clients just pushed their go-live from Nov to Dec, so jan looks better for me now.

snakey2
11-27-2007, 08:42 AM
A 5 wt rod will not hold a steelhead in one of those creeks but it would be fun while it lasted.

OR_Wildfire
12-16-2007, 11:17 AM
so is the OR mini rondy still on? I'm guessing probably not since it is close to the NW rondy? I was wondering because my chukar hunting buddy wants to hit hell's canyon over Martin Luther King weekend.

snakey2
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Due to to circumstances beyond my control (my boss got canned) I am on call every other weekend now. We should set a date and I'll see if I can get it off!