PDA

View Full Version : The new D'n'L vs MALICE option

Tollmeister
07-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Hello!

I've been looking on the new updates on the different items and I've seen that there is now a Dock'N'Lock and a MALICE-option for most exterior pockets.

When I ordered my longpockets for my Zulu I got both Dock'n'Lock and MALICE, will it be either way now or will the MALICE-option still include the Dock'N'Lock capability?

straps
07-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Could be talking out the side of my neck but here goes.

I believe the only Kifaru pouch tht offers BOTH D&L and MALICE mounting is the Long Pocket Top Zip. Every other pouch forces you to chose one over the other, or isn't even available in MALICE.

I've really come to appreciate the D&L system. I have a couple MALICE 2 QTs and a couple D&L 2 QTs. I get a lot more use out of the D&Ls because of the flexibility they offer. My current loadout is built around a Scout, PB'd to either a Pointman or a ZXR depending on the op. The Scout and the small pouches stay packed, the big packs lay empty on the shelf. Loadout is as simple as grabbing the pack I need, Docking the pouches I need and throwing incidentals in the pack and Piggybacking the Scout. In the field, the ability to move pouches quickly between the big pack and the Scout via D&L is a huge timesaver. And even though I still dummy cord D&L pockets, I've never had one fall off.

One pocket that I definitely recommend having in MALICE is the Claymore. Lots of volume for the MOLLE area it takes up, and works great "inside" the top of an XTL.

Hope this helps.

Gizzmo
07-12-2006, 11:04 AM
I recently ordered 2 long pockets.
Side zipper is D&L only
Hybrid Top Zipper is D&L and Malice.
I ordered one of each.

Tollmeister
07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
@Straps
You might be right Straps. Thanks!

Oh well. Wounder if the Claymore-pocket works with our "defensive charge" m/21 and 22... (PC BS name for claymore-type mines...)