PDA

View Full Version : Midwest-ish Rendezous..........Who's in?

inFALable
07-17-2007, 09:22 AM
I figured that this needed its own thread. We should first agree on location then time.

I suggest southern KY or TN after deer season. Please chime in everyone.

If everyone wants to continue this discussion in the original southern Rondy thead thats fine. It seemed like we should probably start a fresh one.

rambler_wannabe
07-17-2007, 10:57 AM
and cool enough to actually use a stove. but warm enough I can ride my motorcycle there.

Philos
07-17-2007, 07:58 PM
inFALable

I started the south or east rondy thread but I have no problem consolidating efforts. As I posted I am happy to help in anyway I can. My only request is that we have the rondy where folks like me can drive there in a day-I have no problems driving 8-10 hours which would put me almost anywhere in KY, VA, AL or TN.

I have a friend with a farm in Salvisa KY that I can approach about this-Salvisa is about 1 to 1.5 hours east of Louisville.

His farm is not all that large, about 75 acres, so I am not sure if it will work but I will speak to him.

Let me know and if we need to we can collapse the other thread into this one--doesn't matter to me I would just like to get things rolling.

Philos

inFALable
07-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Philos,

I agree that a one day or less drive is definately required. I'd be happy to help you on anything. I'll search for public land in the KY and TN area tonight.

inFALable

wvmnteer
07-18-2007, 08:41 AM
I'd be very interested.

timbertiger
07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Travis,

You could always come out to the NW Rondy. We have room and the goats miss ya! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Brent

Davey
07-19-2007, 07:09 AM
I've got some issues that make long range planning difficult, but if you're after a tentative head count, I'b be interested and try hard to make it if it's in the Ky-Tenn area.

Davey

wvmnteer
07-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Brent, I'd love to come out but I can only make so many cross country trips. Don't forget to check out the new sleep system for me. I'm expecting a report. See you 8/31 on your side of the country. Everytime I talk about "pack goats" back here it ends up being a 30 minute explanation because people are so puzzled.

one-eyed Bob
07-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I would love to attend but late Jan and Feb are out due to previous commitments.

CAMOEDTJ
08-05-2007, 06:01 AM
id like to go depending on date and work schedule, and of course after deer season. KY would be be cool

inFALable
08-06-2007, 10:13 AM
How does everyone feel about December? I still haven't found a perfect location yet. I've been busy at work. If anyone would like to propose a location, please do.

ray porter
08-06-2007, 12:13 PM
got a dec deer season in arkensaw and ohio, but if i am traveling between the 2 and you have a rondy i will try very hard to stop. ray

wvmnteer
08-07-2007, 08:22 AM
December is out for me. That's still deer and bear season.

CAMOEDTJ
08-07-2007, 04:02 PM
yeah out for me too..still huntin deer what about jan or feb even late feb is still cold enough for stove and tipi..has any body ever been to DANIEL BOON NTL forrest in KY?.never been there but sounds like lots of public land for a large kifaru rendevou..

Capn Yos
09-22-2007, 10:58 AM
I'd be up for it too. KY would be good.

inFALable
05-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Ok fellas, the weather is great now. Who's in for a rondy in or around Kentucky. If everyone who is interested could post dates they can make it some days should coincide. I'm good anytime with 1 month notice.

one-eyed Bob
05-22-2008, 02:26 PM
January is best for me. Would like to drive to camp.

rnd3789
05-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Jan, Feb, or March would work for me. I would like to attend.
KY or TN sounds great.
Nick

Flange!
06-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm definitely interested. No month is any better than any other for me. The closer to Illinois the better for me though (without actually being in Illinois!).

Ballbearing
06-05-2008, 10:07 AM
My schedule varies, but, I'm interested. Any of the dates mentioned could work for me. One month notice would be great.

inFALable
06-05-2008, 12:20 PM
It looks like everyone wants a winter rondy.

Is anyone interested in anything this summer?

Flange!
06-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm up for anything, but my summer schedule is a lot busier than my winter schedule.

Steve Seeger
06-06-2008, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inFALable</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone interested in anything this summer? </div></div>
It may be too far for the southern guys, but how about a "Kifaru Island Retreat" somewhere in the Great Lakes? Possibilities include North Manitou, Bois Blanc (the one in the Straits of Mackinac), Beaver and Drummond.

I've been to North Manitou & Bois Blanc once, but don't know much about the others. Bugs will be fierce for the next couple of months so it might be best to wait for late summer / early fall.

inFALable
06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I'd be up for it when the bugs go away. Never been to Michigan.

5x5
06-12-2008, 07:06 AM
I'm in for an island rondy this fall. September would probably be best for the bug situation. Manitou has a sizable coyote population that could use some thinning. Also, Manitou lake has huge bass and nice trout. I was there for a deer hunt a couple years ago and a group of guys hooked over 80 bass and 20 trout during the week. I'd be up for any other location around the lakes too. -Ian

Steve Seeger
06-16-2008, 09:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5x5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in for an island rondy this fall.</div></div>

How about North Manitou the first weekend of October, or would that interfere with people's hunting plans? Next best for me would be the weekend of September 13/14, but the regulations for the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore (which contain the island) say there are no woodburning stoves allowed outside the North Manitou deer season in October & November. I have weddings to attend 9/20 & 10/10 so those weekends are out for me.

For anyone who's not familiar with North Manitou, it would have to be a backcountry-style rondy since there are no vehicles or services on the island. Ferry options in the fall would most likely be depart on Wednesday or Friday and return on Sunday. The ferry can be delayed in bad weather, so you want at least one day's worth of extra supplies.

I just ordered a 6 man & medium stove and also have a paratipi & parastove, and one of Huntsman22's lucky coyote calls, to bring along.

5x5
06-20-2008, 02:59 AM
That should work as long as your right on the ferry schedule. When I hunted there, it was at least five days between ferry runs. For now, count me in. Oh, and I picked up a new Minaska bandit call that hasn't drawn blood yet. There was alot of coyote sign when I was there. I'd have my paratipi and small stove. Will also bring along the guide, lateseason and spikecamp for anyone that wants to try em out.

inFALable
06-20-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm in. I've always wanted to go to northern MI.

I can bring: TG1, X-Ray, ZXR, Regulator base, and assorted pockets. I'll have a ST/Annex by then.