PDA

View Full Version : How do you carry your Tipi?

Jerry Y
07-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I recently purchased a 4-man Tipi and was wondering what is the best way to carry it in/on your pack?

Thanks,

Jerry

Woods Walker
07-07-2007, 05:07 PM
I just place the tipi inside the stuff sack and into the pack. Tend to pack the tipi last so it goes on top. I never lash the tipi to the pack as I fear thorns etc on the trail may cut into it. Once tossed it inside a POD and lashed that to the pack.

Sawtooth
07-08-2007, 02:28 PM
If it's my Longhunter, it goes inside the pack.

If it's the Late Season, it goes in a medium pod and gets strapped onto the outside of the pack. Unless it's just an overnight, and then it'll fit inside.

This is with a Para Tipi, but I would do exactly the same if I had a 4-man.

Rusty Hook
07-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I also carry my Para Tipi inside of my pack in its stuff sack. I place the pole sections in their stuff sack in one corner of my pack next to the frame sheet, with the stakes in their own stuff sack in the pole sack as well, usually on the opposite side from my gun. I like to carry the stove out side of my pack with the compression straps running from their attachment points back to the buckles through the attachment loops provided on the stove case. For changing camps on a day to day basis, I don't fold it all nice and neat. I just start at one end and cram it all in the stuff sack. I believe that's why they are called stuff sacks. After getting home and drying everything out real well, I always neatly fold the tent before putting it away for storage...Rusty.

timbertiger
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
On a goat.