PDA

View Full Version : Stove use during fire bans?

P_R
06-30-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm intrigued about the tipi/stove idea. However, it seems like every year there's some sort of fire ban here in CO or in parts of CO. How does the use of a wood stove fit into the fire ban rules? Any problems with the fire cops?

The Vigilante
07-01-2007, 08:48 AM
I think thats a good question. But at the same time if it is hot and dry chances are you really do not need the stove. The double screen in the stove pipe makes ya think it should be fine during marginal conditions,... how much do trees cost?

Ksnake
07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
The stove is a contained unit, shouldn't be a problem as far as the laws are concerned. But you still have to watch the sparks and clear the area under, and in front of the stove. Embers sometimes get out near the door.

Smokepole
07-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I know that in the local National Forests, during a fire ban the forest service has rules about use of spark arrestors in stoves, if you have one you're good to go. If you have the screens installed, those should suffice. If in doubt, call the district ranger and ask; that way, if a FS employee gives you some grief, you can pull out the ditrict ranger card.

evanhill
07-03-2007, 12:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But at the same time if it is hot and dry chances are you really do not need the stove.</div></div>

there can still be considerable fire danger when it is cold enough to want the stove. I've been spiked out in your neck of the woods on fires that were still going concerns when the nights were cold enough to really appreciate a stove.