PDA

View Full Version : My new paratipi.

Dirtysouth
06-24-2007, 09:46 PM
I just received my new paratipi. The small stove is awsome. The Shelter is perfect for my needs hunting here in AK. When and how often do I need to seal the seams? It seams to work fine in the wind and rain as it is. Clueless in Alaska, but happy I have my new tipi.

Kevin
06-25-2007, 04:32 AM
Pitch the paratipi on a warm day, and seal the seams with the included goop. You can thin it with mineral spirits if you prefer. Once sealed, I've never had to bother with it again, at least for the past 4 years.

The silicon sealer, however, is also useful for patching the inevitable pinholes.

Levi
06-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Sealed the seams on my 4 man tipi five years ago and have never bothered doing it again. So far no leaks. Agree with Kevin though that every once and a while the sealer works good for the pinholes.

Levi

Dirtysouth
06-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks

JL

Woods Walker
06-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I would seal the paratipi on both sides and the cone too. I sealed even the tie-offs and zipper Stitching. There are not alot of seams on the shelter and once done right it will never leak a drop. Been inside my paratipi tons of times in some evil weather. A bit tight for a longer trip however it packs down so tinny and with the small stove I could heat my paratipi on the dark side of the moon if pitched tight.