PDA

View Full Version : Kifaru 6 man tepee..first time set up..Help??

krems
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Hello,
I just received my Kifaru 6 man tepee. Set up in the back yard tonight. The mosquito netting is marked w/ a 6 indicating made for the 6 man. It doesn't seem to fit very well. I think I may have recceived the 4 man tepee by mistake / or netting made for the 8 man. I am 6'0" and I can barely stand up in the tepee at the center pole. Can someone measure the zipper length on one of the doors on either the 4 or 6 man tepee or tell me what I can measure on mine to determine what I have. Thanks!

OR... should I have an extra 14 " or more in length on the mosquito netting when velcrowed in place ??

Confused in Montana.............Thanks in advance

Krems

Woods Walker
06-22-2007, 05:54 PM
hummm I was able to stand up with extra room in my old 6-man if I remember right. I am 6-1 however I can barely stand up in my 4-man. How high is the pole?

There should not be an extra 14 inches on the bug net but mine is not the velco bug net.

krems
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Woods Walker,

I just measured the center pole inside the tepee....6'7" total length. I think I got the 4 man tepee as the 6 man is supposed to be 7'6" according to the specs I just found. Also had a hard time making the poles short enough when erecting the tent.

Never could get the pitch tight and now i know why when using the six man set back measurements.

thanks!........Krems

Dave R.
06-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Krems....the door Zippers on my 4 man are 69" long....

Dave

Woods Walker
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
In my view your Tipi is a 4-man as my 4-man pole is about the same. I would call Kifaru and they will take care of it.

krems
06-22-2007, 08:04 PM
My zippers measure 68" long. I have the 4 man.... I'll call Amanda on Monday!....Thanks

Krems

Dave R.
06-22-2007, 08:45 PM
There you go!! Good luck....you will love your tipi when all is corrected...been using mine 9 years...still tough as nails.