PDA

View Full Version : nylon?

tommypara
09-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Hi there everyone. I'm new to the forum and am wondering if you guys could help. I'm looking for a source for O.D. silicone impregnated nylon (not sure if my spelling is correct). It's for a secret custom project, I promise pics when it's done.

~Tim

Ralph
09-26-2005, 07:35 PM
There are several sources for this. Try Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics (owfinc.com).

I think Paragear also has this material in stock.

eggroll
09-26-2005, 08:24 PM
research is your friend.

savage
09-26-2005, 09:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by eggroll:
research is your friend. </div></div>I think that's what he's trying to do here. Is there a problem with using this site as a resource? Rather than posting inane comments why not point the guy in the right direction?

imported_airsupport
09-27-2005, 12:28 AM
Savage is right, forums can be a great help tool. Besides if you know the info why not help someone out. Sometimes there is just too much of the "use the search function" response.

eggroll
09-27-2005, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by savage:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by eggroll:
research is your friend. </div></div>I think that's what he's trying to do here. Is there a problem with using this site as a resource? Rather than posting inane comments why not point the guy in the right direction? </div></div>Hey

in the time that it took to write that post

you could have typed in "silicone impregnated nylon" into google and found 4 sources off the bat for silnylon and other materials.

Gotta Help ............ (http://www.google.com/search?q=silicone+impregnated+nylon+rolls&amp;sourceid =mozilla-search&amp;start=0&amp;start=0&amp;ie=utf-8&amp;oe=utf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)

EGG

eggroll
09-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Better yet, go industrial and really find what you're looking for and then some.

http://www.thomasnet.com/index.html

akfirecop
09-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Egg--
Youre a meanie lately :p

savage
09-27-2005, 08:03 AM
The point being perhaps he thought someone here would have first hand experience and be able to offer some useful information. I guess not in your case.

eggroll
09-27-2005, 08:18 AM
AK - not at all, people are too thin skinned :p you just need some multicam mukluks.

Not as much as a intro, what I am looking to do, I need a certain quantity of XXXX, I am a Kifaru owner and I'd like to know..... If thats too much to ask for... well then why should I answer?

Savage - boo hoo! Here is a http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/380363/2/Candy_Lollipop.jpg for you.

BoulderTroll
09-27-2005, 08:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by savage:
research is your friend. </div></div>I think that's what he's trying to do here. Is there a problem with using this site as a resource? Rather than posting inane comments why not point the guy in the right direction? </div></div>Hey

in the time that it took to write that post

you could have typed in "silicone impregnated nylon" into google and found 4 sources off the bat for silnylon and other materials.

Gotta Help ............ (http://www.google.com/search?q=silicone+impregnated+nylon+rolls&amp;sourceid =mozilla-search&amp;start=0&amp;start=0&amp;ie=utf-8&amp;oe=utf-8&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)

EGG </div></div>OK Eggroll, I didn't search all 35,500 related results for Silicon impregnated nylon rolls, but I did look at every site on the link you just provided and didn't find a single one dealing with OD silicone impregnated nylon. I found one site that listed .08 oz smoke gray nylon, which I REALLY doubt is what Tim is looking for.

You say you found 4 sources off the bat...please show me these four sites. Normally I'm a polite, respectful, kindler, gentler sort of guy. I don't get worked up over stuff I read on an internet forum...but I call BS! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif :rolleyes:

Look, either you know where he can find OD silicon impregnated nylon (I'm gonna make a WAG and say he wants it heavier than .08 oz), or you don't. If you don't...let someone respond who does.

Because all you end up doing by saying, "use the search function" is making yourself look like a bitter meannie who has nothing better to to than trash someone else's post. I have a feeling you're not a bitter meannie in real life, so why give people that impression? /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Edited to add: I think AK is right..."meanie" should probably be spelled with only one "n". I might have mispelled it a couple times... /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

savage
09-27-2005, 08:29 AM
The more I read from you, eggroll, the more I'm convinced of my first impression of you when I was new here. Thanks for clearing that up.

anthracitic
09-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Tommypara,
If there are WalMarts in Toronto, and if they carry it, you may find sil-nylon in woodland. Don't know if that color will work for you. I can buy it here (almost) all the time. $2.50/yd.
You might give Kifaru HQ a ring, perhaps they can put you on a source.
What's the deal with our Chinese appetizer friend??

anthracitic
09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Stephenson's claims to carry what you're looking for.
http://www.warmlite.com/start.htm

BoulderTroll
09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by anthracitic:

What's the deal with our Chinese appetizer friend?? </div></div>LMAO! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Hey now, he just posted a helpful and informative reply. Cut him some slack. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

savage
09-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Right on. I'll be sure to pass that sentiment along. No sense in lining the pockets of someone so outwardly obtuse.

BoulderTroll
09-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Umm Eggroll... would this be a bad time to ask you to make me a custom double AR mag shingle? The top's are cut too high for my taste on all the ones I've been seeing lately. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eggroll
09-27-2005, 09:09 AM
BT
How Low do you wanna Go? PM me

Savage
I prefer Isosoceles myself /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif My pockets are lined with nylon and down, but thanks for asking /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

EGG

molsen
09-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Amen about people being too thin-skinned. They take too much to heart. If what they read on the internet bothers them that much, then they need to get a life. Go outside and get some fresh air.

akfirecop
09-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Youre all hurting my feelings...cant we all just F'ing get along!?!?!

/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

BoulderTroll
09-27-2005, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by akfirecop:

/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>Want some Vagisil? /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Eggroll, PM sent /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

Edited to add...I'd love to see the look on Tim's face when he comes back and sees that he has 20 replies to his thread...and then the look will be even more priceless when he reads them! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Welocme to Kifaru Tim...it could have been worse...this could have been LF.net /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eggroll
09-27-2005, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by akfirecop:

/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>:D

AK have you hugged a Walrus lately?
Howzit up there in the big white North?

!!OOSIK!! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

akfirecop
09-27-2005, 02:09 PM
He said OOSIK!!!

ROFL LMMFAO!!!!

Its all good up in this hood...same ole same ole!

eggroll
09-27-2005, 02:19 PM
And to think I was obtuse /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
whats the sitrep on that one Blonde 'partner' /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

akfirecop
09-27-2005, 02:27 PM
NO GO at this time...long story, but NO GO for now...