PDA

View Full Version : Paint for webbing..

09-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Anyone know what type of paint is best for webbing? Getting a little tired of the tan webbing on my MC gear because I live in a very green area. Recall a thread where militarymoron had done this and it looked good.
Thanks.

Res.

Nathan C
09-23-2005, 07:13 PM
I just asked him about that today. Here's the link if it'll let me post it. http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye1.html

It's towards the bottom. He says he just uses acrylic on there.

09-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Thank you Nathan!!!

Res.

imported_Scott Cunningham
09-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Here is a Marauder I did. It doesnt actually make that big a difference. I was painting the black hardware and zipper (before I ripped most of it off and replaced it with new tan stuff) and was bored so I did the straps on the small pouches. It came out OK. I left the Claymore and long pockets alone.

I used standard paint I had from a model shop.

Try it out on the back straps. Lighter colors are harder to do that dark, the color darkens when on fabric.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/ScottCunningham/Gun%20stuff/MarauderMod4.jpg

Nathan C
09-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Have you gotten any crap for multicam in garison? Out here they don't really care what we do, but I have a feeling once it's back home it could get stupid. I had a 1SG once that told us to take off our three point slings. Fortuneatley I'm a fister and we just ignore 1SG's most the time and do our own thing. Only problem is now I'm in the guard and there is no one willing to cover my ass like on active, so I kinda gotta watch myself a little more.

09-27-2005, 07:53 AM
We pretty much live in the field. Nobody gives a damn about the gear we get as long as it is tactical in color. The Army is issuing so much stuff these days in black, OD, tan, DCU, woodland, and ACU that a MC bag doesnt raise much of a fuss. I'd probably tell em to go get bent anyways if someone said something. I'm not too big a fan of uniform nazis.

Half the time our mission is to fight as irregular troops. We have no-shave rules, and anyone can wear whatever the hell they want as long as its long pants, a long sleeve shirt, and a hat or helmet.

Nathan C
09-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Ya we normally are like that, but it's weird I get more crap from the guard than I ever did active. My hair always pushed the regs on top, but as long as it was short on the sides and back, nobody cared. In the guard it somehow falls under the "stylish" clause. Whatever. Here in the desert though I haven't cut the top in over six months. I got away with a 3-4" mohawk for about four days. Then when everybody else started getting one, we got jumped for it. Haven't cut the top but twice since, and one was haji not listening.

Ya I think the easiest way to get away with stuff is just to say it was issued. Nobody knows anymore.

09-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Scott,

Modded Marauder looks good! What is pouch on very bottom of pack?
Thanks for posting pic.

Res.

09-29-2005, 05:24 AM
Thats just a Kifaru long pocket. I use the hell out of it. Normally I stuff a poncho liner in it. If I don't need that it makes a handy field pillow (until it got soaked in JP-8). Just had it at the beach the other day. Had drinks, food, digital camera, a beach towel, and two magazines in it. It detaches with the buckles so its off in a flash.